STOP! If you are applying for an Isla Vista unit for the 2017-2018 school year, please use the special application for IV found here.
Before you apply:
- All Application fees are non-refundable. The cost to apply for a rental is $20.00 per adult applicant. All adults intending to reside in the unit must submit an application. The $20.00 fee is to reimburse Sierra Property Management the actual cost of $13.50 for running the credit report and the remainder offsets some of the administrative charges associated with processing the application including, but not limited to, employee wages, phone services, office supplies, and bank processing fees. The administrative charges are estimated to be $25.00 per application, which is why we state that the cost difference between the actual cost of the credit report and the fee paid only offsets some of our expenses.
- We do not rent our units sight unseen. If you or your representative have not seen a unit, you will be contacted to schedule a personal showing before your application is considered complete.
- Our policy is to rent to the first best qualified. We cannot qualify you if we have an incomplete application.
- We do not hold units. If you apply and qualify then ask for time to think about it, we will need to move on to the next qualified applicant by the next business day. If you have not applied, please know that our job is to continue showing and processing applications until we get a qualified applicant. While we are very nice and try to be accommodating, nothing we verbally say is intended to infer that we will hold the unit for you.
- We do have a written credit policy and require good credit, good references, and verifiable income double the rent. Any inconsistencies between your application and the reference check could disqualify you from renting from Sierra Property Management.
- We strive to process applications as soon as they are submitted. At times, it may take up to 2 business days to complete the processing of the application. If two applications are submitted at the same time, the best qualified applicant will be approved. If the first choice is not available, the applicant will be considered for other units at no additional charge for up to 30 days from the date the application was originally submitted.
(All sections must be completed)
Individual applications required from each occupant 18 years of age or older.